Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Forcing a Line Feed

Martin,

If you will always want inlinemediaobjects to end the line, you can set the
stylesheet to do that.  Or you can set the stylesheet to do that for
inlinemediaobject if you give it a certain role (like "end-of-line").

It sounds like you have a structural objective here, and structural
objectives can generally be implemented thru the stylesheet, without
changing the DTD itself.

Nancy

At 12:05 PM 3/6/2002 +0000, Martin Gautier wrote:
>Rune
>
>Thanks for the input.
>
><snip/>
> >        eg. <para>Here is my paragraph and this is an
> > <inlinemediaobject>...</inlinemediaobject><sbr>and now I want this on a
> > new line after the image which must be in-line</para>
>
> >> Isn't this a self contradiction? An inline that isn't an inline? I
>suggest you use <mediaobject> instead.
>Er. maybe. It's "inline" with the first bit of the para. Won't
><mediaobject> drop to a new line too so I'll end up with?:
>
>         Here is my paragraph and this is an
>         [image here]
>         and now I want this on a new line...
>
>when I'm actually after:
>
>         Here is my paragraph and this is an [image here]
>         and now I want this on a new line...
>
>I'll try <mediaobject> out, maybe it will do the trick...
>
> >> If you insist on the above, I suggest you use the role attribute on
>inlinemediaobject and customize the stylesheets.
>I've been thinking I might have to but I'd rather stick to the standard
>sheets if possible.
>

>Mart

Nancy (Paisner) Harrison
Rational Software