Subject: DOCBOOK: RE: Macromedia Flash file in docbook

hi,

thank you for all of your replies.

It seems converting to SVG is a possible solution. I'll look at it in
details.

At the best, I hope I can preserve the original swf format. And have the
content render to html code, just like the following:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH="800"
HEIGHT="600"
CODEBASE="http://active.macromedia.com/flash5/cabs/swflash.cab#version=5,0,0
,0">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="flash.swf">
<PARAM NAME=play VALUE=true>
<PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false>
<PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
<EMBED SRC="flash.swf" WIDTH=800 HEIGHT=600 loop=false quality=high
TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_
Version=ShockwaveFlash">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>

It seems swf is more like a videoobject than a imageobject.

I use docbook xsl at http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/ to render some
of my docbook xml document. It seems docbook xsl does not support rendering
flash <object ...> code, right? Let me post the question to DocBook App mail
list.

regards,
mingfai