Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Docbook Q's - references and image objects on the titlepage...

At 11:25 10/06/2002 -0400, Val Schmidt wrote:
>I wasn't sure if this was a development-only list or if I can ask newbie
>questions.  I apologize if these are bothersome and kindly ask that
>someone point me in a direction where I can get some help if they are.

>Second, I'd like to include an illustration on the title page of the
>book, however the mediaobject tags et. al. either are not allowed at the
>outset of the book, or if I move them around so jade successfully
>compiles things the image is not rendered.

I'll leave the first question to others.
I'm guessing you are writing XML and using the XSL stylesheets?
(and a recent docbook setup from sourceforge)
On that assumption, for the title page you need to customise the stylesheets
(http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/styling/custom.html)
Not magic, and there is additional documentation in the downloaded stylesheets.

Specifically for the titlepage
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/styling/titlepage.html

HTH DaveP