Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Re: Including an element's content without generatinghyperlink

Hi,

> / Phil Glaser <StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com> was heard to say:
> | wanted. Is there some other mechanism for repeating the
> contents of another
> | element but that does not cross-reference it so as to create a
> hyperlink?
>
> There's no element with the semantic you want. I suggest that you use
> <xref role="nolink" ...> and tweak the stylesheets to suppress
> the linkiness
> of xrefs with a role of nolink.

There's another wrinkle in this: I subsequently noticed that in PDF although
the section headings themslves come out ok, they do not show up properly in
the TOC. What happens is that the section numbers show up but not the names
of the sections. I'm guessing that the processor (xsltproc) is generating
the TOC before resolving xrefs. Is there any way to control that behavior
from the XSL side, or am I SOL?