Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Uniq values of "ID" attributes

Bob Stayton wrote:
 > On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 07:06:26PM +0400, Vitaly Ostanin wrote:

<skipped>

> [...]
element ? And also for all idref's attributes?

 >>>I don't think so, but I'm not sure I understand.
 >>>Do you have an example?
 >>
 >>Sorry. In XInclude within element <xi:include> exist element
 >><xi:fallback> for control errors of includes.
 >
 > The <xi:fallback> element is not yet supported in the only
 > Xinclude processor I know, which is xsltproc.

I point to <xi:include> just like an example.

 > But xref is not an xinclude, so I'm not sure how this
 > applies.  Do you mean you want xref to be able to declare
 > some fallback text if the generated text is not available?

Yes, but not generated text - if target 'id' not available.

 >>In DocBook DTD "idref" attributes point to "id" which must exist,
 >>right? It's possible to add element, which will control situation
 >>when "id" not exist in current edition ? "id" may be visible
 >>after join of documents.
 >
 > That's true, and you don't find out until you vaildate the
 > joined document.  I don't know of another tool that can check
 > across includes or system entities for ID/IDREFs.

I need fallback element for xref to stop errors when target 'id'
not available (when I edit separated document). After join of
document all 'id' must be available.

May be to add parameter to stylesheets, which will control errors
for not available id's ?

--
Regards, Vyt
mailto:  vyt@vzljot.ru