Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DSSSL or XSL

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 03:19:36PM +0100, Mário Filipe wrote:
> I'm starting to write my master's thesis and I will probably need to
> adjust the output to conform to the faculty's rules.
>
> In such a situation wich of the formatting languages mentioned in the
> title is best, i.e., wich is more easily adaptable?

I'd say it depends on your needs - if you give more details we'll be
able to give a better answer.

We don't have a full-fledged dsssl engine yet (openjade does not
support full page-sequences), so if your faculty's rules are too
complex (eg. multicolumn changes within a page, images within
headers/footers) this may unfortunately not suit your needs.

OTOH, the general opinion usually expressed on this list is that the
XSL toolchains to produce printed output are less mature than the
DSSSL one.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique