Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: errors ... but where

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:16:38 -0500
"Grobe, Gary" <Gary_Grobe@bmc.com> wrote:

> Ok, just a bit confused on the way I'm reading the DocBook Element
> References now. The ref page for <sect1> says it takes <bridgehead> as a
> child. Doesn't that mean that I can nest <bridgehead> inside a <sect1> tag
> ... as follows?

Hi Gary,

You need to look at the element content model at the top of the page in TDG.  That tells you what is required and/or allowed in the element.  A ? means optional, a * means one or more, a | symbol means or, and so on.  A sect1, for example, can optionally have a sect1info, subtitle, or titleabbrev, but must have a title.

Sect1 ::=
(Sect1Info?,
 (Title,Subtitle?,TitleAbbrev?),
  ^^^^^
 (ToC|LoT|Index|Glossary|Bibliography)*,
 (((CalloutList|GlossList|ItemizedList|OrderedList|SegmentedList|
    SimpleList|VariableList|Caution|Important|Note|Tip|Warning|

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca)
Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)