Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Editing documents included within other documents?

Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> writes:

> Since I can't have the dtd declaration in the included document, how do
> people handle parsing the appropriate DTD for the subfile?
>
> I'm using Emacs and XAE.

XAE uses PSGML, right? If so, you can set the variable
`sgml-parent-document' in the included document, like this:

--- file parent.xml: -------------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC ... [
  <!ENTITY chap1 SYSTEM "chap1.xml">
]>
<book>
 &chap1;
</book>

<chapter>
</chapter>
<!--
Local variables:
sgml-parent-document: ("parent.xml" "book" "chapter")
End:
-->

hth
Henrik