Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: What is the best way to express a relationshipbetween two biblioentrys

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 07:33:05AM +1100, Alan Cocks wrote:
> > | How should one express the relationship between two distinct
> BIBLIOENTRYs?
>
> > You could simply put the two biblioentrys next to each other. For what
> > purpose do you want to establish a link between them?
>
> My aim is that, when it comes time to transform the bibliography into a
> website, I will be able to automatically produce several different views of
> the data, for example:
> - one presenting each primary source and its related secondary sources
> together
> - another presenting the entries in chronological order of publication
> - another ordered alphabetically by author.
>
> I'd also like to have the option of generating a list of the chapters in a
> book that have been previously published as articles, and conversely,
> chapters that have subsequently been reprinted, for instance, in a
> newspaper.

I think you want to look at the new elements added to the
4.2 DTD to support Dublin Core metadata:

bibliorelation
bibliosource
bibliocoverage
biblioid

See the online DocBook: The Definitive Guide for a
description of these elements.
Then you will have to look at creating a customization of
the stylesheets to generate the output to match
the way you plan to use them.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com