Subject: RE : [docbook] Schema and MS Office beta

Fred,

So far I'm still trying to get permission here to bring my own
machine in and do the work I described. The government is
much more security conscious than it was a few years ago.

Even if I get permission, I will not be allowed to connect my
machine to the network. That is not a problem for me, though.

I normally run Linux, but ordered a laptop with Windows XP
specifically to learn about the XML support coming up in the
new MS Office. This can be a strong boost for XML in the
routine processing of information in offices.

I tried using the DTD with WordPerfect v9 and v10, but the
results so far still require too much sophistication on the
part of the user. I can use it, you would be able to use it,
anyone on this list would be able to use it, but most
programmers and their support (clerical staff, etc) would
not be able to use it easily.

When I do start working with the Office, either here, on another
assignment, or on my own, I'll check the license to see if I'm
allowed to comment on the experience. I'd hate to have MS sue
me because I mentioned specific features of the beta online.
;)

Wait, that's not funny. Oh, well, we live in interesting times.

Where can I find an automatic converter for DTD to WXS?

 Thanks,

 Joe

Frédéric Glorieux <frederic.glorieux@ajlsm.com>
04/09/2003 02:27 PM