Subject: RE : [docbook] Schema and MS Office beta

	Joe,

	I'm not sure to understand precisely your English (french people
are not good in languages), but I'm sure to feel enough of your
situation to answer. That's why I send a copy of your text to a
developer in a french government agency, he will understand your
situation much better than me.

	About MS.Office.XML, we are waiting our copy; I didn't realize
that it was a problem to express an opinion on a public list. After some
reflexion, in a society with too much lawyers, it's seems to me possible
but very abstract.

> Where can I find an automatic converter for DTD to WXS?

	I saw but not really tested
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/relaxngconverter/
(from your DTD to RelaxNG syntax)
I can also cite the README of the docbook W3C.schema version in CVS
"These files were generated with RELAX NG schema with Trang,
http://www.thaiopensource.com/trang/" (seems to also support dtd2wxs)

	But for me, the only thing I really used was the tools of the
XML.SPY editor (Windows only). I thought it was possible to begin with
that, but the generated code was so ugly that it was easier to begin on
a white page.

	I share your opinion that the bigger problem in XML is
production. It's not easy to promote usage of good editors like Xmetal
in real life organisations. That's why I'm also very interested in this
MS.Office release.

	Fred.