Subject: Re: [docbook] sample docbook documents in the public domain?

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 04:19:32PM +0200,
 Terttu Eskelinen/Pere Folch <1918pfm@comb.es> wrote
 a message of 10 lines which said:

> Do you know whether there are large docbook documents (dissertations,
> technical documentation, etc.)

How large is "large"?

The FreeBSD documentation is quite large but I cannot find the DocBook
source right now (but I'm sure it is reachable somewhere).

http://www.FreeBSD.org/docs.html

Same thing for NetBSD :

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/

And for KDE :

http://www.kde.org/documentation/

BIND documentation is in DocBook (BIND sources, directory doc/arm)

> in the public domain

Most are *not* in the public domain. (At least in the European Union,
the author needs to be dead for at least 70 years - a difficult
requirment for a DocBook document.)

> and freely available;

This is more reasonable.