Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 May 2003

[RFEs]
 > |      691762 syntax=""
 >
 > Proposal: add language attribute (CDATA) to parallel classsynopsis on
 >           all the verbatim environments.
 >
 > Accepted.

Yipeee :)

Which version will see this addition?

 > |      705885 Add NS attribute to SGMLTAG
 >
 > No dissent.
 >
 > Processing expectations: none. This is for semantic markup. One could
 > have the prefix provided automatically through a stylesheet.
 >
 > What should we call the attribute?
 >
 > Norm notes that "ns" is the name of the attribute in RELAX NG.
 > XSLT uses "namespace".
 >
 > We'll add "namespace" as a CDATA attribute.
 >
 > Accepted.

But SGML has no namespaces AFAIK. I think instead of
   <sgmltag namespace="http://foobar">...
I'd like to see
   <xmltag namespace="http://foobar">...
or
   <elementname namespace="http://foobar">...

 > |      722775 More readable processing of <simplelist type="inline">
 >
 > This would be fairly hard to do in its full generality. There are
 > localization issues (what language should "and" be in?), generated
 > text issues, and a number of other problems.
 >
 > There's no support for this change at this time. We may revisit this
 > when we look at Mike's choicelist proposal which seems related.

This RFE is at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&group_id=21935&atid=384107&aid=722775

One way to deal with it:

In the first prototype of
http://www.pinkjuice.com/joocs/
I did:

Input:
http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/docbook/ch02.xml

The <acronym>XSLT</acronym>s [of my first prototype] work very well for me,
but they are
<simplelist type="inline">
   <member>very incomplete</member>
   <member>not general or flexible enough</member>
   <member>and quirky to set up and run.</member>
</simplelist>

Output:
http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/about.xml#sources

The <acronym class="acronym">XSLT</acronym>s work very well for me,
but they are
<ul class="inline">
   <li>very incomplete, </li>
   <li>not general or flexible enough, </li>
   <li>and quirky to set up and run.</li>
</ul>

Styling:
http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/xslt/tinydbk2xhtml/css/layout.css

.inline, .inline > li {
   display: inline;
}

... but the transformer could as well insert nothing:

[...] are
<simplelist type="inline">
   <member>very incomplete, </member>
   <member>not general or flexible enough, </member>
   <member>and quirky to set up and run.</member>
</simplelist>

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/