Subject: =?utf-8?B?UkU6IFtkb2Nib29rXSBpcyB0aGVyZSBhbnkgd2F5IHRvIGNvZGUg?==?utf-8?B?Z2VudXMgJiBzcGVjaWVzIG5hbWVzIGluIGQJb2Nib29rIFhNTA==?=

> As for the styling:
>
> If you talk about HTML:
> All presentational code is deprecated.
>
> If you talk about XSLFO:
> If the docbook.sourceforge.net stylesheets style "foreignphrase"
> italicized than that's great (since that's what he wanted),
> but the fact
> remains that this styling preference can not be expressed in DocBook.
> The choice and use of DocBook markup should not be driven by default
> styles of a specific stylesheet. You can not rely on getting
> italic text
> for "foreignphrase". You simply and luckily can not express
> this wish in
> DocBook.

I certainly hope that everybody on this list understands that, as it's one
of the principal benefits to using DocBook in the first place.  I was just
letting Raju know that a commonly used tool rendered this tagging as he
wanted.  My main motivation for suggesting <foreignphrase/> was semantics,
not presentation.