Subject: Re: open RFEs for possible inclusion in final DocBook V4.3

/ Michael Smith <smith@xml-doc.org> was heard to say:
|   RFE 435518 (Allow bibliography in refsect1)
|     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21935&atid=384107&func=detail&aid=435518
|
|     Status is "closed", but I can't see that any resolution or reason
|     for closing it was ever recorded.

I'd have to find the minutes where we disposed of it. My recollection is that
we didn't want to allow bibliography inside sections.

|     Before it was closed, status was that Norm proposed adding a
|     new Bibliolist element, to parallel Glosslist. Seems like a
|     reasonable change, so not sure why it was dropped.

Uhm, I recall discussing it, I wouldn't go so far as to say I proposed
it. :-)

|   RFE 742624 (refentry and bibliography)
|     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=742624&group_id=21935&atid=384107
|
|     RFE 742624 is on the list of open RFEs for discussion during this
|     month's TC meeting, but I think it may amount to just being a
|     duplicate of RFE 435518.

Similar but not the same. This is a request for bibliography in refentry which
is a little easier to justify (perhaps) than bibliography in a section.

|   RFE 686733 (allow bibliography under <refentry>)
|     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=686733&group_id=21935&atid=384107
|
|     RFE 686733 is also on the list of open RFEs for discussion during
|     this month's call, but I wanted to note that it has been open for
|     quite a while pending feedback from Dennis Evans -- so wondering if
|     we might be able to get that feedback before the call.

I got it a couple of days ago. Completing another action item, yeah! :-)

|   RFE 482818 (Simplify ToC content model)
|     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=482818&group_id=21935&atid=384107
|
|     RFE 482818 is also on the list of open RFEs for discussion during
|     this month's call, but I wanted to note that though it has also been
|     open for quite a while, it's not clear what current status is, or
|     what we're waiting on. I think we may just be awaiting a final TC
|     vote on it, but not sure.

It's not going to be backwards compatible in any event, so it won't make it
into 4.3.

- --
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Wandering in a vast forest at
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | night, I have only a faint light
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to guide me. A stranger appears