Subject: Re: [docbook] Future DocBook Ruminations - Modular Source Files & XInclude

From: "Jeff Beal" <jeff.beal@ansys.com>
> We discussed some techniques for this on the docbook-apps list a week or
two
> ago.  I'll refer you to my own post on that list:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200308/msg00083.html

Yes, but the solution you propose is the one Jirka objects to - depending on
tools to do a bit of non-standard magic. This doesn't work at all in an
environment where there is "no control" over the tools used, as one of these
documents won't validate in a different tool.

Robert, why not just combine the documents using XSLT? It's standard as all
get out and won't have any trouble removing pesky DOCTYPE declarations from
subordinate documents.

Bob Foster