Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: updating localization of docbook-xsl ?

Vitaly Ostanin wrote:

> In Russian language month names have different suffixes depending
> on "day-in-month" presentation.
>
> For example:
>
> "September, 2003"
> "25 septemberja 2003"
>
> It's possible to add contexts for this case
> (different suffix, different case of first letter)

This extensions was added to allow easy placing of current date mostly
including also a day-in-month value. In Czech we have same problem as in
Russian and stylesheets are now prepared only to handle situations like
25 Septemberja 2003, not September 2003.

If you need to use also later format of date please fill it as RFE on
the SourceForge. It is possible to extend stylesheet to do this, but
dealing with all possibilities of all languages won't be easy and I even
don't know enough about most languages supported by XSL stylesheets to
design enough versatile solution.

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz