Subject: Re: Customising XSL sheets - Figures

Hello again,

I seem to have worked this one out for myself.

A <textobject> isn't meant to be the caption, suprisingly, that's what
<caption> is for. The <textobject> will be converted to a new file if
it contains anything other than <phrase>, and <phrase> is used as the
alt on the displayed <imageobject>.

In the end, it looks like:

   <figure id="figure.7a" label="7a">
    <title>Anatolia</title>
    <mediaobject>
     <imageobject>
      <imagedata fileref="mars/data/figure07a-anatoliamap.jpg" format="JPG" />
     </imageobject>
     <textobject>
      <phrase>NASA location map</phrase>
     </textobject>
     <caption>
      <para>NASA location map for the surface depression called Anatolia.</para>
     </caption>
    </mediaobject>
   </figure>

A bit of tag soup, but for all intents and purposes does the job.

-- Aidan