OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 16 February 2005

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 16 February 2005

The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wednesday, 16 February 2005 at
05:00p EST (02:00p PST, 22:00GMT, 22:00BST, 23:00CEST, 07:00JST+,
03:30a India+) for 90 minutes.

The teleconference phone number is +1.865.524.6352. The participant
code is 7386368. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the committee.


1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 16 March 2005
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items

   a. Mike to move the test suite process so that it's a target
      in the tests/Makefile.

   b. Norm to write a concrete summary of the annotation proposal.

   c. Norm to post a summary of pointers to changes and the stuff
      I've written about DocBook V5.0.

   d. Norm to write a spec of V5 changes.

   e. Nancy to rewrite the proposal and send it to the docbook
      mailing list for discussion.

   f. Norm to get OASIS namespace naming rules.

   g. Norm to publish DTD 4.4 and make the announcement.

   h. Norm to update the OASIS webpages.

   i. Larry to write a proposal for text math in equation

6.  DTD V5 development status.

7. Task markup as sibling to sections (Mike) [2] [3]
    Continue to discuss this for V5?

8. Annotation proposal (Mike).  [4] [5]
    Continued from previous meeting.

9. Discuss guidelines for accepting or rejecting requests. [6] [7]
    Continued from previous meeting. 

10. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


      1095721 Allow text in inlineequation 
      1116144 Support inline term definitions 
     The following RFEs are awaiting action items

      973446 Replace Footnote with Annotation 
      413389 Enhance METHODNAME and VARNAME (Norm, generic linking)
      431411 RFE 70: add generic linking capability (Norm)
      522552 Add title attribute to <ulink> element (Mike, annotations)
      565637 Associate non-inline image with link (Norm, generic linking)
      574880 Add annotation element (Mike)
      623524 (Re)Consider "choicelist" markup (Mike)

     The following RFEs are identified as V5.0 or later

      1097183 Allow Task as a sibling of sections 
      1084491 Add address, orgname, orgdiv to corpauthor, corpcredit, etc. 
      974285 Check floatstyle/float attributes
      958393 remove default class value from productname 
      531851 Remove inline person name elements
      532088 Remove RevHistory from qandaentry
- ---

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200501/msg00007.html
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200501/msg00000.html
[3] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200501/msg00002.html
[4] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200406/msg00003.html
[5] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/200406/msg00005.html
[6] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200411/msg00043.html
[7] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200411/msg00046.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]