Subject: Re: Announce: DocBook V5.0b1

> * Jirka Kosek <wvexn@xbfrx.pm> [2005-10-30 00:25:19 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold wrote:
>
>> <1>
>>       However XLink links are not checked during validation, while
>>       xml:id/linkend links are checked for ID/IDREF consistency. It
>>       depends on your needs what approach to internal linking is more
>>       suitable for you.
>>       One case where the XLink-based, fragment identifier scheme is
>>       useful is when XInclude is being used. XML ID/IDREF links cannot
>>       span XInclude boundaries.
>> this means that if my document lives in several files, I cannot
>> combine
>> them together using xinclude because I require link validation and
>> cross-linking between document parts.  (I also produce chunked output
>> thus xl:href="#dir" will not work for me anyway).
>
> Have you tried this?

no, I just read the transition doc.

> AFAIK stylesheets internally process <bar xl:href="#foo">...</bar> in
> you can't check consistency of links by XML validation, but
> stylesheets check links during processing, so you will at least get
> warning messages.

actually, most of my links are <olink>s.
if their handling has not changed at all, I should probably be fine.

<http://www.savegushkatif.org> <http://www.camera.org>
<http://truepeace.org> <http://pmw.org.il/>
Whether pronounced "leenooks" or "line-uks", it's better than Windows.