Subject: Re: [docbook] Cross-linking to a range

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 21:07 +1100, Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> > And how do you want to be this range presented to the user?
>
> Well, if it *was* supported I assumed there were some practical or
> best-we've-got approaches to be used. I can think of a few, but they
> become application specific of course.
I.e. your application?

> > I got impression that you already know that there is no way how to
> > markup this in DocBook, and you are looking for ways how to come
> > around this limitation.
>
> No, sorry, I didn't mean to give you that impression; I was asking if
> ranges could be identified and referenced in DocBook 4.3 (-). I
> assumed that this problem must have been addressed before, that's all.

xlink dreamed about it. We sometimes come across uses for it.
Just that HTML fails us every time. As does PDF.
How to show (somehow) that hitting this link could take you
to one of n possible targets.

Needs more brain power than we have to get to a solution
that meets a general need?

Just my 0.02Euros.

--
Regards,