Subject: Re: [docbook] CALS table attribute inheritance questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Max Starkenburg" <maxwell@owlnet.rice.edu>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:15 AM

> I sent this out two weeks ago, but never received any replies, so I'm
> trying again.  Sorry to be a pest, but I need an answer to these questions
> before I can continue with my work.  If there's something I wrote that
> didn't make sense, let me know and I will try to clarify.  Thanks,
>
> Max
> http://cnx.rice.edu

The answer is no, according to the CALS table spec at
http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/a502.htm

However, I'm not sure the XSL stylesheet is behaving correctly in an
entrytbl.  It uses an ancestor::tgroup in computing the inherited attribute
value, and an entrytbl does not have a tgroup.  I'm going to go through that
template again with your example.  The entrytbl does seem to inherit the
colsep="0" from the outer tgroup, and that is not correct.

> My second question is whether the content in the "C" <entry> aligns to the
> right, as defined by the third <colspec>, even though its <entry> doesn't
> specifically reference the third <colspec> via a colname attribute (as was
> done in the "B" <entry> with the second <colspec>)?

Yes, it should align right.  The 3rd colspec applies to entry elements in
that column even if it is not referred to by name.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net