Subject: FOP.91beta Spanning a page break

Hi,

I'm absolutely new to docbook. I have been checking out fop.91beta
with docbook 5.0
and xsltproc. Everthing was fine until I tried to write a task (procedure
nested within) that spanned more than one page (pdf output). When I try to
process such a long task/procedure I get:

Exception
java.lang.RuntimeException: Some content could not fit into a line/page after 50
attempts. Giving up to avoid an endless loop. (fo:block, location: 2/37967)

This only happens when the task/procedure is longer than a page. When shorter, I
get the output I would expect.

I tried inserting some docbook elements such as <?dbfo-need
height="2in" ?> and <?dbfo keep-together="auto" ?>. The first is supposed to put
in a page break if the "2in" condition is met (that is less than 2 inches remain
before the end of the page). The second element is supposed to relax the
keep-together property so that the procedure can be broken. Neither appear to
work for me.

Is there something I can put in my docbook source file that will allow
fop to break the procedure normally? Can someone recommend a better
way of doing this? Perhaps I should use an alternative to FOP?

Thanks,

Paul