Subject: Re: [docbook] Multiple htmlhelp files

Hi Viliam,

We do more or less what you are talking about, but from a different
perspective.  We create CHM files that have overlapping content--i.e.
they contain some sections that are the same, and some that are unique
to the particular product.

We approach the problem by creating the exact output we need in HTML,
and then just converting it to CHM, and not dealing with merging CHM
files at all.

We set up our Docbook source files based on a <set>, in which we can
include or exclude various <book>s, depending on whether the product in
question needs it.  Then, within each book, we include or exclude
various <chapter>s depending on whether or not the product needs them.
The same thing with <section>, <para>, or even individual lines of text.

Since we are still using Docbook 4.x, we do all of our include/exclude
using entities.  From what I understand, you can accomplish the same
thing using xinclude.

The principle is the same, though.  Set it up so that you specify and
control the document(s) you need at the source, then generate individual
output files for each specific product.

Hope that helps.

Viliam Búr wrote:
> I am writing a documentation to a program that consists of more modules.
> It is provided in more versions with different sets of modules. Customer
> should receive only those parts of help s/he needs. One CHM file can be
> automatically included in another as a sub-node. So I need to make
> multiple CHM files from one document.

Cheerio!

Bob
--
Bob McIlvride, Communications Manager, Cogent Real-Time Systems Inc.
162 Guelph Street, Suite 253, Georgetown, Ontario L7G 5X7, Canada