Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook5: Offical URI used for customization in include?

Thomas Schraitle wrote:

> I am wondering if there is an "official URI" for DocBook 5, especially for
> using it inside an include element.
>
> Consider someone is customizing DocBook 5 and want to include the RELAX NG
> Schema:
>
>   include "docbook.rnc" { ... }
>            ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Sometimes I see a path here which I consider bad style because it is
> platform dependend.

You are right, the problem is that not all RELAX NG tools are supporting
XML catalogs when dereferencing included resources.

> How can I reference to the DocBook 5 Schema
> officially?

You can reference copies stored on docbook.org server:

http://www.docbook.org/xml/5.0CR4/rng/docbook.rnc

(there will be "5.0" instead "5.0CR4" once final version of DocBook 5 is
ready).

> Are there any plans on this? Or is the DocBook TC consider
> this out of scope? I couldn't find anything in this regard in the DocBook
> V5.0 Howto.

Good idea. I will do something for a next release of HOWTO which I plan
to publish after DocBook V5.0CR5 is out.

			Jirka

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz

OpenPGP digital signature