Subject: Re: [docbook] Simpified DocBook

Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I tried your Simple DocBook Schema but I got errors in oXygen 8.2. I
> transformed your RNC into RNG with trang.
> I think, the element itemizedlist is missing the namespace from DocBook 5.

jing -c dbtiny.rnc example.xml works fine. No need to convert to rng
format for validation.

> The strange thing is, I validated the RNG version with jing and msv and
> they didn't complain, only oXygen refused to work with this file. Maybe
> someone else can explain these differences.
>
> When I insert the above changes I get the following RNC schema:
>
> --------------
> default namespace = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
> namespace inherit = inherit
>
> #
> db.itemizedlist |=
>   element itemizedlist {
>     db.itemizedlist.attlist, db.itemizedlist.info, db.listitem+
>   }
> include "docbook.rnc" inherit = inherit {
snip
>   db.itemizedlist = notAllowed
> }

I was wrong.
Because you are overriding db.itemizedlist,
the new definition needs to be inside the include.

default namespace db = "http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
include "/sgml/docbook/v5/rng/docbook.rnc" {
    start = db.article

db.itemizedlist |=
     element itemizedlist {
        db.itemizedlist.attlist,
        db.itemizedlist.info,
        db.listitem+
      }

etc.

Without the ns definition at the top I get
/sgml/docbook/v5/rng/docbook.rnc:81:5: error: conflicting ID-types for
attribute "id" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"; of
element "itemizedlist"

which matches your error.

I'm not getting a valid file with