Subject: Re: problem with customizing header

       Hi Andreas!

   I highly recommend purchasing DocBook XSL - the complete guide. It is
also available online at: http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/

   All the things you want require a customization layer (as explained in
the above mentioned book).

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:47:40 +0200, Andreas Peter <info@xxx.xx> wrote:

> I am totally new to DocBook and have some questions about formatting
> several parameters.
> My questions are, I hope, really simple:
>
> - I try to customize the header. The header should be as wide as the
> page.

   I assume you are talking about transforming to fo (and then pdf). I have
customized headers, but not their width. Anyhow, you should start here:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html

> - I need to remove the word "Chapter"for every <chapter> element in the
> instance document

   See http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html#CustomGenText

   The particular customization you propably want is

   <xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')" />
   <l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0";>
     <l:l10n language="en">
       <l:context name="title-numbered">
         <l:template name="chapter" text="%n. %t"/>
       </l:context>
     </l:l10n>
   </l:i18n>

> Is it right, that I change everything concerning the docbook under
> /frameworks/docbook/xsl/params ?

   I would suggest you should not modify the docbook stylesheets but make
your customizations in a customization layer. See
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html#CustomizationLayer

        -Antti-