Subject: How to force a linebreak inside a <command> tag?

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it?
I'm writing computer software doc and some of the commands are quite
long (> length of 1 line) and I'd like to use a backslash and continue
the command on the next line.

Failing that, can anyone recommend an alternative approach? This would
also be useful when I want to list several consecutive commands, but
don't want to break them up with <para> tags.

cheers

--

David O'Brien
IPA Content Author

"We couldn't care less about comfort. We make you feel good."
Federico Minoli CEO Ducati Motor S.p.A.