Subject: Re: [docbook] DocBook SCs

Hi Mike, et al,

We have endeavored to simply the content models from full DocBook by
including only those elements that make sense for most publishers. As a
result, the Publishers schema (which is a customization layer) retains
212 core DocBook elements, removes 149 elements and redefines a handful.

We're still trying to crank out an approved spec, but details on the
elements are listed here:
http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/PublishersMinimalElements?highlight=(publishers)

The way we've written the schema (based on DocBook v5.0 using RelaxNG)
is in a modular fashion, so if you need any of the technical elements,
say to create a book on software, it is easy to include the software module.

Any additions we've created are what we have perceived as "gaps" - e.g.
poetry and dialogue.

The minutes from our meetings are posted here:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-publishers/

Hope this helps. We would appreciate any additional feedback or
participation (you must be an OASIS member to join).

Best regards,

--Scott