Subject: Bridgehead alternatives

Currently we use docbook 4.2 to document software. We have multiple bridgeheads within sect1s, sect2s, sect3s, and sect4s.
We use the bridgeheads to add titles within a sect.

For example: in a sect1, we use bridgeheads to divide up the text:
STATEMENTNAME (sect1)
Syntax (bridgehead)
Parmeters (bridgehead)
Remarks (bridgehead)
See also (bridgehead)
Examples (bridgehead)

We'd like to replace the bridgeheads with a block tag (preferrably a floating one)  that would contain a title tag followed by para tags, procedure tags, programlisting tags, orderedlists, etc.

The closest tag I've found is simplesect. However, if I use a simplesect within a sect,  then I can't
add a nested sect after the simplesect. For example, I'd like to be able to do the following:
<sect1>
<para>....</para>
</simplesect>
        <sect2>