Subject: RE: [docbook] customize xslt or customize the schema?

Hello Tim,

You could also try mapping it to something other than a figure.  While the screen and screenshot elements are not formal objects with titles and numbering, they are valid children of example and may map semantically to what "Output" did in the original.  You would need to populate the xreflabel with the value of whatever provided the title of the original "Output" element, but it would provide a valid document without modifying the schema.  This may not be the most appropriate mapping, but you might want to look at whether mapping to other elements that are valid children of an example would work before hacking the schema.

Just a thought.

Best Regards,
Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Arnold [mailto:Tim.Arnold@sas.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:02 AM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Dick,
I'd rather customize the stylesheet too, but now that I'm actually trying to validate, I get this from the oNVDL validator:

error: assertion failed:
  figure must not occur in the descendants of example

So I guess I'm going to *have* to customize the schema since my 'Output' always occurs in examples.

rats.

thanks,
--Tim