Subject: So, what's the current version of DocBook?

Hello,

I'm rather new to DocBool and I have a rather simple question:

      What's the current version of DocBook?

Wikipedia tells me it's 5.0, however ..

1.) www.docbook.org states, that "DocBook V5.0 is the official
Committee Specification release of DocBook V5.0". Hmm, I guess that's
what everyone is expecting, right? Perhaps there is one V5.0 too much here ..

Besides, www.docbook.org states that it is official home page for a
book (i.e. DocBook: The Definitive
Guide). So, what's the official DocBook site then?

2.) The (official?) docbook FAQ
(http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/reference.html) redirects me to
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook if I want to get up-to-date
information about DocBook. There I read "Test releases of DocBook V5.0
is also available now."

Therefore I conclude that the official version of DocBook is version
4.5 and 5.0 is still about to be released ...

Wouldn't it be wise to make www.docbook.org the official DocBook page?

Wouldn't it be wise further to state there  the role of
other"official" sites like FAQ, TC etc, the current version and the
role of
older versions (supported, update) ??

Regards,

Wolfgang H=E4felinger
häfelinger IT - Applied Software Architecture
http://www.haefelinger.it