Subject: Re: [docbook] upgrade 4.5 => 5.0 failed (on rather basic example)

Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "wolfgang haefelinger" <whaefelinger@gmail.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 4:58 AM

Hello,

I'm upgrading a 4.5 Docbook document to 5.0 using db-upgrade.xsl and
I'm getting an error on a rather simple document. Here it comes ..

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE article
PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd";>
<article lang=3D"">
 <sect1>
   <title>Hello, ..</title>
   <para>world</para>
 </sect1>
</article>

This document is valid according to a) Emacs/nxml and b) MSV.

Then I upgraded this document with db4-upgrade.xsl  (Release: $Id:
db4-upgrade.xsl 7660 2008-02-06 13:48:36Z nwalsh $) and I get:

<!-- Converted by db4-upgrade version 1.0 -->

<article xmlns=3D"http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; version=3D"5.0"
xml:lang="">

   <para>world</para>
 </section>
</article>

which is !!! NOT !!!  valid ( inserting a article/title element makes it
valid).

Is this bug known?
Is there a bug tracker?
Patches accepted?

Regards.

Wolfgang H=E4felinger
häfelinger IT - Applied Software Architecture
http://www.haefelinger.it