Subject: Re: [docbook] Handling of ranges and measurement units (metric andimperial) and fractions

Very good answer actually as what we're after is indeed a semantic
markup, mostly.
And just like with semantic endeavors there is no telling in how
exactly it ends up being used in the future.
The things we've envisioned so far is publishing only metric for
European audiences for example, and we're definitely using @condition
profiling for that, another scenario is perhaps finding just the items
that weight less than 100kg etc
There is an obvious dilemma there as some thing may end up never
getting used and will clutter the markup and cost time (=money) to
capture correctly.
Still, at least for the ranges and imperial vs metric I think I have
found a good enough solution.

Lech