Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: XInclude 1.1 Requirements

On 5.4.2012 14:14, Camille Bégnis wrote:

> I read it carefully and hope I understood it. It looks to be able to solve many
> issues indeed, those we fight daily.
> If I understand correctly solving the duplicate IDs issue for example would be
> delegated to the processor though.
> How much likely processor developers will be to support all of this? Hearing
> their feedback would be particularly interesting.

Hi,

in XSLT 2.0 it is fairly easy to handle duplicates IDs (once you decide
how to handle them). There is prototype implementation preceding this
XInclude proposal, but processing will be very similar.

http://docbook.org/docs/transclusion/#d6e362

If I recall it correctly this mechanism is transparently supported in
XSLT 2.0 stylesheets.

				Jirka