OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 January 2015

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 21 January 2015

The DocBook Technical Committee met on Wednesday, 21 January
2015 at 1:00pm ET.

1. Roll call

Present: Dick Hamilton, Scott Hudson, Jirka Kosek, Larry Rowland, Bob Stayton

Regrets: Norm Walsh

Absent: Loren Cahlander

2. Accepted the minutes [1] of the previous meeting.

3. Next meeting: 18 February 2015

4. Review of the agenda.

Add Google Summer of Code.

5. Review of open action items

  a.  Norm to work with OASIS to advance DocBook 5.1 to
      OASIS Standard.

  b.  Norm to convince someone to implement the new XInclude

  c.  Bob to integrate publishers XSL into DocBook XSL.

  d.  Bob to work with Norm to request Oxygen to implement
      XInclude 1.1.

  e.  Dick to complete copy edit of Jirka's Transclusion

6.  Publisher's and eLearning subcommittee reports

Nothing to report.

7.  XInclude 1.1 status.

Norm gave this status:

W3C Last Call Working Draft 16 December 2014

8.  Jirka's "DocBook Transclusions" document

Dick completed the copy edits which Jirka added into the
document. Jirka is working with Norm to get the new version

ACTION: Jirka to work with Norm to post the new DocBook
Transclusions document.

9.  DocBook 5.1 release

Norm was not present but had reported that he had
submitted the papers to Chet Ensign at OASIS.
Bob consulted with Chet, and then told Norm he needs to submit two
tickets to OASIS to submit the drafts.

ACTION: Bob to follow up with
  Norm to submit OASIS tickets for 5.1.

Scott made a request of the Oxygen developers to add a feature for managing DocBook Assemblies, similar to the one for DITA maps. They will consider it. Jirka said they are a sponsor of XML Prague taking place Feb 13-15, so he will talk to them there.

9b.  Google Summer of Code

Dick said we had a 50-50 chance of getting a project approved,
and this is the good alternate year for it.  He said we need project
ideas and mentors.

ACTION: Dick will post a request for GSOC ideas and mentors to
the DocBook mailing lists.

10.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


    RFEs to revisit for 6.0

    247   1907003  biblioid content model too broad

   RFEs under discussion

   Ticket  Tracker
    260   2820947  Ability to transclude text
    273   3035565  Allow sections at any level
    291   3491860   license tag  (hold for 5.2)

   No new RFEs


[1] https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-tc/201412/msg00012.html

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]