Subject: Re: HTTPS on docbook.org is breaking stuff

Shaun McCance <shaunm@gnome.org> writes:
> I maintain a collection of tools in GNOME that includes yelp-check,
> which has a validator that can automatically detect the input type and
> do the appropriate thing to validate. By default it uses xmllint, but
> it has an option to use jing.
[â]
> Is there any way docbook.org could just serve the schemas over HTTP as
> requested? These URIs are kind of API, and the redirects are kind of
> breaking that. xmllint and jing are both popular tools. I can't be the
> only person running into this.

Ugh.

No, apparently thereâs no way to serve http: off the current hosting
provider. And the fact that libxml2 doesnât support https: goes back
to at least 2016.

Double ugh.

I thought that recent schema catalogs included https: variants as well.

I wonder if we can work out why the catalogs arenât working on Fedora?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | 'I have done that,' says my memory. 'I
http://nwalsh.com/            | cannot have done that'âsays my pride,