Subject: Status of XInclude 1.1?

Hi,

although this is not a pure DocBook question, I think this is related
as many DocBook users use XIncludes 1.0 and would probably like to know
about the status of its future.

That brings me to my question: Does anybody know what the current
status of XInclude 1.1[see 1] is?

Unfortunately, it's still in candidate recommendation (June 2015, would
be 4 years). I also found a working group note[2]; does it replace(?)
the old document? Was the old spec downgraded from CR to a note?

Norman, as you worked on this specification, do you know any details?
Is it still "valid"? Will it be implemented in some parsers? Can we
use it some day?

Thanks for any hints!