Subject: Re: [docbook] Re: [docbook-apps] Biblioentry markup standards -- identifying the type of entry

On 11/06/2020 09:12, Norman Tovey-Walsh wrote:
The bibliography stuff is a bit of a mess. It was originally cribbed
from the Majour[1] standard in the very early 90âs, I believe, on the
assumption that reuse was better than reinvention. Iâm not sure what
happened to Majour after that.

I think it got dropped on the floor. But it influenced lots of bib DTDs.

Thereâs *A LOT* of variation in how citations are published.

And a lot of hypercritical readers who will find that misplaced comma :-)

<biblioentry>
   <citetitle pubwork="book">DocBook: The Definitive Guide</citetitle>

That's a nice idea.

I think the title in a bibliography entry is more semantically a
title citation than a title, so thatâs my preference anyway. (In
DocBook, a <title> is usually the the title of a thing, and thatâs
not what is going on in a bibliography.)

Not sure about that. If the entry is for a book, the title element probably need to be the title of the book, not the title of something else.

Peter
--
I've been married so long I'm on my third bottle of Tabasco â Susan Vass