Subject: Re: [docbook] Unresolved entities

> On Dec 7, 2022, at 18:52, Norm Tovey-Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
>
>> When I run the build (ant) I get this error message:
>>
>> include:
>>     [exec] en/OmegaTUsersManual_xinclude full.xml:7: parser error : Entity 'vernb' not defined
>>     [exec]     <title id="book.user.guide.title">OmegaT &vernb; - User Guide</title>
>>     [exec]                                                     ^
>
> XIncluded documents, unlike external parsed entities, are parsed
> entirely separately. If you want &vernb; to resolve in
> en/OmegaTUsersManual_xinclude full.xml, youâll have to put the
> DOCTYPE declaration and the entity reference to manualvariables.mod
> in that file.

That's the file I quoted. Sorry for not making that clear:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
"../../../docbook-xml-4.5/docbookx.dtd"
[<!ENTITY % manualvariables SYSTEM "manualvariables.mod"> %manualvariables;]>
<book lang="en" id="book.user.guide">
 <bookinfo>
   <title id="book.user.guide.title">OmegaT &vernb; - User Guide</title>
   <pubdate>@timestamp@</pubdate>
	<!-- TODO automate date insertion -->
   <abstract>
     <para>This document is the official user guide to OmegaT, the free
     Computer-Assisted Translation tool.</para>
   </abstract>
 </bookinfo>

ââââ
That is the beginning of OmegaTUsersManual_xinclude full.xml.

line 7 in the error message refers to:

   <title id="book.user.guide.title">OmegaT &vernb; - User Guide</title>

JC

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org