docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: Re: [docstandards-interop-discuss] Clarifications / Scope of the intended work?

On 10/04/07, Michael Priestley <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> - govt worker begins drafting a policy note in ODF with the subject "the use of personal data received via email"
> - govt worker pulls in the text of the relevant statute, which is in a DITA specialization
> - govt worker pulls in the legal disclaimer which must now be included in every government email reply, from a different DITA specialization
> - govt worker pulls in the instructions on how to include the text of the disclaimer in emails, from documentation of the email software written in DocBook

> - technical author 2, using DocBook, creates a customized version of the email software documentation
> - and pulls in portions of the procedures web site, in the form of DITA topics and ODF policy notes

OK, you've described the problem Michael. I hope we can all sympathise
with that!

Ignoring how, what do you see as a solution?

A means of 'integrating' n streams?
A way of reading n streams?
A means of generating .... something readable by all.... (lcd solution)

What class of solution is the goal please?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.