docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: Important topic/issue to pursue

Hi,

I believe this is an important and timely topic/issue to pursue.  As we settle with the fact that there will never be a single standard for business doc. exchange and as organizations/companies expand their use of multiple doc. standards (voluntarily or otherwise), it is becoming more and more important that there be some form of rationalization/harmonization to ensure an acceptable level of interoperability.   The end-objective being, effective and efficient use and manageability of business doc. for intra and inter enterprise process integration.

Off the top of my head, I see the primary doc. standards to tackle are:

ebXML
UBL
OAGi
RosettaNet
EDI (ANSI & EDIFACT)

I am sure there are other niche/vertical standards that can be addressed but hoping the goal is to target the most widely used/deployed ones first.

Thoughts/Ideas?

Mir Baqar
Program Manager
Enterprise B2B

mbaqar@cisco.com
Phone :408-527-4693
Mobile :408-464-5575

170 West Tasman Drive
San Jose, CA 95134-1706
United States
www.cisco.com

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

GIF image