docstandards-interop-discuss message

Subject: Re: [docstandards-interop-discuss] proposed TC name

David,

David RR Webber (XML) a écrit :
> Peter,
>
> We had this big discussion two weeks ago.  The current scope text is
> misleading.  It is my understanding that the whole idea is to NOT get
> immersed in the OOXML / ODF / PDF quagmire - but instead to provide a
> simple XML format for documentation purposes - envisioned as a blend
> of DITA + xhtml + extensions and an XSD.

Now you got me a bit confused. I did read the threads on this list, but
in the way I understand them, " a simple XML format for documentation
purposes" is perhaps even more misleading than the proposed scope of the TC.
Maybe the term "exchange" could be coined -carefully- in the light of
the EU work on open standards.

Regards,

Charles.