dsaw-program message

Subject: RE: [dsaw-program] FW: Exhibition space - Workshop "Public Warning" 19/20 Oct, Geneva)

All,

 I would warmly support the idea of using a light signal instead of a sound one.

 The issue raised by Elysa though is a bit more complicated (frequency ranges), I am trying to get some feedback on it.

Cheers,
Simão

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Christian [mailto:echristian@usgs.gov]
Sent: 23 August 2006 18:28
To: Elysa Jones; Dee Schur; dsaw-program@lists.oasis-open.org

I think every demonstrator should be expected to constrain their demonstrations so as to not impinge on anyone else's demonstration. Also, being an office building I would think the regular office residents might be confused as to whether it was an actual alarm.

I really do not think it is essential for anyone to sound a siren--surely everyone knows what a siren does. I would think they could make their point with a flashing light.

Eliot