Subject: Re: [dss-x] My comments on 'Errata on Core'

Dear all,

Intermixed below my reactions to Andreas' remarks

Regards
Juan Carlos.
El 30/10/16 a las 22:12, Andreas Kuehne escribió:
Hi all,

here are my comments on the Errata document.

The first two sections are agreed upon, I assume.

Section 3.1.1:

I'm not sure that I get the problem right. The @URIs of the
ds:References correlate to the RefURI of the input documents. Multiple
input documents result in a set of ds:References.
I remember that I also read this comment and from my point of view there is no problem. Andreas is right when it mentions the correlation between RefURI and the URI attributes.

Section 4.1.1:

A bit too tricky for the core I would guess. The request is plausible
but I may introduce complexity I would like to be addressed in a
specific profile, not in the core. Probably it wouldn't be sufficient to
require one element to be present but a set of elements. Or an
alternative set of elements ... and the generic 'MgmtData' will need
special care to be taken! And we would need to define some type of error
response. I would prefer to keep it off the core.
Fully agree with Andreas.

Section 4.2.1:

I don't want to import with this design flaw into the core! It's so PDF
specific, keep it e.g. in the PAdES profile.
 It seems complicated to me to include this feature in a server.
Section 4.3.1:

Dtmo the selection of a key of set of keys should be defined by the
usage context of the DSS endpoint. This may be done by the user but in a
user friendly manner. The KeyInfo structure is not fit for this.

A response set will become invalid in an undetermined period of time (
e.g. by key expiry, key renewal). Introducing additional complexities on
the user side.

The enumeration of available keys is critical from the security point of
view.

Moreover the management of the available keys is the primary duty of a
signing server. But this is already weakened by the KeySelector. What
should be filled in here when we don't tell which keys are available? My
proposal would be: drop both, this enumeration request and the KeySelector.
I would suggest to drop the suggestion but not the KeySelector....To my understanding this KeySelector could help the server to decide among different keys that could have been assigned to a certain user....isn't it?

Section 5.1:

Already fixed, I assume.
I think so

Section 5.2:

The Verification profile is already dealing with both versions of SAML.
This could be applied to the core, too. ut my recommendation would be:
Uswe SAML 2.0 only!

Greetings,