Subject: AW: [dss-x] Another streamlining approach to the core

Dear all,

if the Client already knows the specific certificate, a KeySelector like dsig11:X509Digest is fine.
However, we should probably also consider the case where the Client is only able
to specify the class(es) of acceptable keys / certificates for the present use case (cf. CertificateFilter in
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=60049&wg_abbrev=dss-x ).
Maybe both cases can be combined into one structure with a sequence of optional elements,
which are to be logically ANDed (and not within a choice).

BR,
 dh

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org] Im Auftrag von Andreas Kuehne
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Februar 2017 14:08
An: dss-x@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Pim,

thanks for pointing out the aspects of XMLDSig 1.1!

Thru all the years I'm quite used to identify a certificate by issuer & serial. But to keep things simple I'm in favor of replacing the X509IssuerSerial structure with X509Digest. That doesn't add too much additional complexity.

Other opinions?

Greetings,

Andreas

--
Andreas Kühne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas Kühne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales