Subject: Reconsidering 'TransformedDocument'

Hi folks,

while checking for the impact of multiple input signatures I came across the optional output 'TransformedDocument':

- The optional input 'ReturnTransformedDocument' refers only to input documents, not to signatures. But a document can be referenced by different transformations in different signatures.

- The optional output 'TransformedDocument' does not refer to the transformation that was applied. But even with a single XMLDSig signature there may be more than one transformation applied to one input document.Â

- The element 'WhichReference' in optional output 'TransformedDocument' is mandatory. This does not make sense in case of encapsulating signatures.

We may define some additional mechanism to handle all these requirements ... but most of these shortcomings are in place since DSS 1.0 and no one ever complained. So I would assume that this feature is of no practical use and I propose to drop it!

Greetings,

Andreas KÃhne
phone: +49 177 293 24 97
mailto: kuehne@trustable.de

Trustable Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland Gartenheimstr. 39C - 30659 Hannover Amtsgericht Hannover HRB 212612

Director Andreas KÃhne

Company UK Company No: 5218868 Registered in England and Wales