Subject: Re: [dss-x] Minor design issue with the core

We should avoid cyclic dependencies, so indeed I would expect a new schema file that contains the 'basic' (low level) specs. From a practical point of view the introduction of a schema with one item is ok, but from a more general point of view maybe the core has to divided into more basic types and more complex types. But I don't know if that can be treated as a minor change...

Regards

Ernst Jan

Andreas Kuehne wrote:
HI all,

while assembling the package for the core I noticed that we got a cyclic
dependency between the base schema and the rewritten XMLDSig schema.
This is usually considered as ugly. The single structure that is
required by XMLDSig is the NsPrefixMappingType of the base package. To
resolve the cycle we could introduce a new schema file that contains
only this element.

What's your view on this? Introduce and explain an additional schema or
just go on as is?

Greetings,