dss message

Subject: RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-03.pdf - Process a ndDeadline information?

Agree, this is the approach that we took with WS-Security, the mechanism
should be extensible and we should define a base of mechanisms, list you
propose seems reasonable.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           "Nick Pope"      |
|         |           <pope@secstan.com|
|         |           >                |
|         |           04/28/2003 08:10 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       "Trevor Perrin" <trevp@trevp.net>, Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <dss@lists.oasis-open.org>                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  RE: [dss] Groups - dss-requirements-1.0-draft-03.pdf - Process   a      n     dDeadline information?                         |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Trevor, Anthony,

It seems to me that the syntax should be flexible in including a range of
alternative name forms including:
- Simple name string
- RFC 3280/X.509 general name (possibly encoded as an LDAP string)
- SAML Assertion
- WSS UsernameToken
- Other name forms to be identified at a later date

Then for specific usage profiles the particular name form to be used can be
defined.

Nick

e-02-0223.pdf

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/1044/WSS-SOAPMessageSecuri

ty-11-0303-merged.pdf

I would prefer something like the last suggestion in the below post..  Or
does anyone else have a better idea?
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dss/200304/msg00054.html

Trevor