dss message

Subject: Comments to draft 6

Section 3.4.3 states that "The server may return the signature immediately, or may return a transaction identifier, which instructs the client to call back periodically and see if the signature is ready yet".

I propose to move this into section 3.3 (generic request reqs). This would allow the response to any request to be delivered either immediately or delayed.
The bullet in line 330 (section 3.5.2) should go with it.

In section 3.7.4 ("time-stamp/time mark"), the text says "If the verification was carried out for some time in the past (see 3.6.2, bullet 2), a time-stamp or time mark for that time should be returned as well."
I think we should be cautious here because this makes it possible to produce timestamps that dates back before the signature was actually created.
I propose that back-dated time-stamps are ruled out completely.

Simeon Sheye